By Scott Raymond
* complicated fabric explains the most up-tp-date layout practices for Ajax usability. You'll discover ways to steer clear of consumer adventure blunders with confirmed layout patterns.
past the how-to, Ajax on Rails is helping you think about while Ajax is (and isn't) applicable, and the trade-offs linked to it. For these new to Rails, this ebook offers a brief creation, the massive photograph, a stroll throughout the set up procedure, and a few tips about getting began. If you've already set to work with Rails and search to deepen your ability set, you'll locate dozens of examples drawn from real-world initiatives, exhaustive reference for each appropriate characteristic, and professional suggestion on tips on how to "Ajaxify" your purposes.
Read or Download Ajax on Rails PDF
Best web development books
Our fresh revealed cellular publication gains crucial issues you must comprehend as a clothier, developer or cellular strategist on your web content. You’ll dive deep into the peculiarities of the cellular undefined, discover responsive layout technique, layout styles and optimization innovations, find out about wireframing and prototyping for cellular in addition to the tips for designing with gestures and contact. As an additional, the ebook presents insights into the preferred structures resembling iOS, home windows cellphone and so on. in addition to introduces constructing and debugging concepts for complicated HTML5 net applications.
Table of Contents
- Foreword via Jeremy Keith
PART I—THE cellular LANDSCAPE
- What’s occurring In cellular? through Peter-Paul Koch
- the way forward for cellular via Stephanie Rieger
PART II—RESPONSIVE net DESIGN
- Responsive layout approach via Trent Walton
- Responsive layout styles by way of Brad Frost
- Optimizing For cellular by means of Dave Olson
PART III—UX layout FOR MOBILE
- Hands-On layout For cellular through Dennis Kardys
- Designing For contact by means of Josh Clark
This can be the publication model of the print name. entry to Workshops is on the market via product registration - see directions in again pages of your eBook.
Adobe® Muse™ on Demand
Need solutions fast? Adobe® Muse™ on call for offers these solutions in a visible step by step layout. Ted LoCascio exhibits you precisely what to do via plenty of complete colour illustrations and easy-to-follow directions.
Illustrations with matching steps
Tasks are awarded on one or pages
Numbered Steps consultant you thru every one task
Did you recognize? signals you to information and techniques
See additionally issues you to similar info within the book
Inside the Book
• Create and deal with your site web page constitution utilizing the sitemap feature
• make the most of grasp pages, simply as you'll with Adobe InDesign
• vehicle generate navigational menus
• simply fill the browser historical past with a colour or image
• Resize pages immediately as you upload content
• customise prebuilt slideshow and composition widgets
• Use the States panel to create dynamic buttons and rollovers
• Pin pics to the browser so that they stay in place as you scroll
• follow results comparable to drop shadows, glows, bevels, and nook effects
• make the most of personality, paragraph, and photo kinds to speedy practice and edit formatting
• Preview and try web page contents utilizing the in-app Preview Mode
• Embed arbitrary HTML, corresponding to a Google map, YouTube video, and Twitter seek widget
Everyone and their puppy wishes an API, so that you should still most likely how to construct them.
Tasked with development an API in your corporation yet don't have a clue the place to begin? Taken over an latest API and hate it? outfitted your personal API and nonetheless hate it? This ebook is for you.
What’s find out how to boost for an internet long past wild? That’s effortless. easily scrap the foundations you’ve depended on these kind of years and embody uncertainty as a center guideline of layout. during this useful publication, veteran developer Rob Larsen outlines the rules out what he calls The doubtful internet, and indicates you strategies essential to effectively make the transition.
Extra info for Ajax on Rails
In the Save Map dialog box, enter the title, tags, and summary of your web map and then click the Save Map button. The information specified here constitutes your web map’s metadata, which is saved to the ArcGIS Online catalog. Others can use this to discover your web map. You have completed a basic web map. You will edit the data and enhance the map in the following sections of this chapter. 2 Edit data in the map viewer You may encounter problems with your CSV or shapefile after you have created a web map and done some configuration.
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18. Click the Header tab, change the text if needed, and then click Apply. For example, add your name to the header so that your instructor can easily tell who created your application. Optionally, you can also exchange the logo for your organization’s logo. 10 Examine the application to see if there is anything else you would like to configure. If so, make further changes. 19. In the page header, click the Save button to save your work. Keep your web app open if you are going directly to the next section.
9. Click the Flickr icon in the Import window. 5 Configure your web app 10. Type web_GIS as the Flickr user name, click the Look up button, select MapTour from the Select a Photo Set box, and then click Import. 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11. Click the Located tab. The set contains one photo, which is already geotagged in Flickr. Flickr and similar websites can extract location information from the EXIF (exchangeable image file format) metadata in photos taken by GPS-enabled cameras, such as smartphones.
Ajax on Rails by Scott Raymond